Fisher Center for Management and Technology
Fisher CIO Leadership Program
Opportunities for CIOs, Executives, and Partner Organizations
The Fisher Center for Management and Technology supports CIOs, other corporate executives, and partner organizations by providing access to the resources of U.C. Berkeley, and by facilitating development of mutually beneficial relationships between senior business executives and the faculty, staff and students at U.C. Berkeley.
The Fisher Center also works with its member organizations enhancing their ability to use the IT-related research resources at U.C. Berkeley. The Fisher Center and its affiliated programs offer a number of opportunities for CIOs, other corporate executives, and partner organizations. Located at the Haas School of Business, the Fisher Center's mission is to serve executives throughout the San Francisco bay region and beyond who are involved or interested in information technology. Executives have the opportunity to meet with faculty and students who have common technical and business interests, to participate in or help to develop research programs in business use of IT, to receive invitations to Berkeley and corporate IT events, and to engage in other activities.
CIOs who become members of our Advisory Board receive additional benefits. Service on our Advisory Board is a two-way street. We benefit from your personal participation in our quarterly Advisory Board meetings, from your assistance in setting our research directions, and from your financial support. You, in turn, benefit in a number of ways:
- by joining now and helping us set our direction
- by, in a sense, "giving back" to the University
- by, more broadly, advancing your profession, adding "luster" to your employer's image, and supporting and encouraging practical research on important issues directly impacting the evolving "Management of Information Technology" profession.
 ENGAGEMENT WITH STUDENTS
- by offering employment opportunities for them
- by offering short term projects for them (summer internships, etc.)
- by coaching them
- by simply engaging with their energy, enthusiasm, intellect
 ENGAGEMENT WITH FACULTY
- by attending our Quarterly Advisory Board meetings you will meet and get to know our Deans, Asst. Deans, and various internationally prominent UC and Haas faculty. All are deeply interested in the practical aspects of using IT-based processes and technologies to enable the development and successful marketing of innovative products and services.
 ENGAGEMENT WITH PEERS
- by our increasingly frequent conferences
- by our expanding networking opportunities
- by sharing of data and "best practices"
 EXECUTIVE EDUCATION
For more information or to get involved, please contact Executive Director Jim Spitze at email@example.com or 510-642-6145.